Serves 6 side dishes or 1 party dip
Prep: 5 min / Cook: 20 min/ Total: 25 min
6 slices Bacon, diced
2 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
4 c Corn Kernels (frozen-- thawed, canned or fresh), off the cobb
2 Tbsp Green Chiles (fresh-- deseeded or canned-- drained), diced
¼ c Red Bell Pepper (fresh or canned), diced
2 oz Cream Cheese, softened & chunked
2 Tbsp Milk (to taste)
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
½ tsp Chili Powder
1 clove Garlic, minced
Black Pepper & Salt (freshly ground-- to taste)
2 Tbsp Cilantro (fresh leaves), chopped
2 Tbsp Cotija Cheese, crumbled
Cook bacon: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook until crispy (approx. 8 min).
Place aside on a paper plate or a napkin-lined plate to allow grease to leach a bit.
Blot excess grease from strips prior to cutting.
Drain grease from skillet, leaving the residual drippings (approx. 1 Tbsp) in the skillet.*
Return skillet to medium-high heated stovetop.
2. Bring butter to a sizzle (approx. 30 sec).
3. Add corn, green chiles, red bell pepper.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture is slightly charred (approx. 7 min).
5. Stir in cream cheese and milk until melted and well combined (approx. 3 min).
6. Stir in mayonnaise, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic and lime juice.
7. Sprinkle cilantro, bacon and cotija on top.
8. Serve immediately.**
*Note: Bacon drippings will yield just under a cup. It is best to dispose of this in a glass jar as it is hot and will melt plastic. Additionally, it is not good to just pour this down your drain.
** This dip can be served with corn chips or eaten as a side dish.